JESUS LOVES ME
A favorite old hymn of mine says it all: “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so….”
Luke 2:7-11: ‘And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
THIS IS WHY WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS! JESUS’ BIRTH!
Luke 2:25-33: “And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, which thou has prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. And Joseph and his mother marveled at those things which was spoken of him.”
We have been given the greatest gift! JESUS! He was born to give His life for us so that we could have our sins forgiven and live with Him in Heaven!
See I John 3:1: “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God….”
JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
John 8:12: “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
He wants us to be reflectors of His light for as we all know Light dispels the darkness.
Psalm 119:105 tells us that: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
The World is getting darker and darker right now, but as we all know, Jesus is the light of the World—He is getting brighter and brighter.
When we accept Jesus Christ into our heart, His perfect love flows through us and we will have the “Light of Life.” This means that you will reflect His pure light onto those you counsel.
We, as temperament counselors, need to shine His light in this world! We are called to counseling the hurting. We do this by teaching the counselees who God created them to be and how to bring balance into their life.
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF YOURSELF AS A LIGHTHOUSE?
A lighthouse is used to help bring ships safety to shore so they do not crash into the rocks.
God wants you to be His “lighthouse” to bring the lost souls safety to the shore–Jesus!
In Colossians 3:23 the Holy Scriptures tells us: “And whatever ye do, do it heartily, as to Lord, not unto men.”
Many times these lost souls are filled with fear. God tells us in the Scriptures to fear not over 300 times. This means that we need to teach our counselees to fear not, because they need to learn to put their trust in Him.
Therefore, as a temperament counselor we want you to:
1. Have a heart’s desire to help your counselee. This counselee is a Child of God, who is coming to you because they are hurting and probably have feelings of anger and hopelessness.
2. Invite the Holy Spirit to your counseling sessions to guide and direct you.
3. Remember, you can give your counselees HOPE! You can lead them to JESUS!.
4. Ask your counselees if they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior; and if they do not, ask them if they would like to.
5. Teach them that God created them with strengths and weaknesses, and that they need to learn to submit their strengths and weaknesses to the Lord. .
6. Teach your counselees to fear not, because they are to put their trust in Him. See Proverbs 16:20: “He who heeds the Word wisely will find good and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.
7. Pray for your counselees.
I pray that you have a Beautiful Christmas and may the Lord bless you this coming year with His LOVE, His JOY and His PEACE!
Check out more of the Enlightener!
- Conference HighlightsThe 2020 NCCA Conference was held at the Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, Dallas, TX – October … Continue reading Conference Highlights
- Book ReviewGrow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus as you come to see him … Continue reading Book Review
- Temperament CornerJESUS LOVES ME A favorite old hymn of mine says it all: “Jesus loves me this … Continue reading Temperament Corner