Kathleen Willey Peterson is a Certified Pastoral Member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling, and has been an International Representative since September 5, 2013. She has also been an NCCA Licensed Pastoral Counselor since April, 2016. Kathleen is the Founder and International Director of Aaron & Hur International Ministries.
Strengthening * Equipping * Restoring
Creation Therapy and the APS in
Ministering to Church leaders and their families
“So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.” Exodus 17:10-12
Today the battle continues for the hearts of millions around the world. In the midst of this battle God has called certain men and women to take the lead. As Moses did ages ago, those in leadership grow tired and weak. Not only do pastors, missionaries and ministers grow weary but their spouses and children also pay the price of obedience to The Call of Christ. Who then is being Aaron and Hur to these ministers and their families?
God placed the dream in my heart when I was a young girl to serve those whom God had called into ministry. As the daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter of missionaries and pastors and having myself been in full time Christian service for the past 30 years, I know full well the pressure the ministerial family carries. In 1999 I founded, with my husband’s support and encouragement, what is today known as Aaron & Hur International Ministries (AHIM) – a ministry that ministers to the ministerial family. We have worked in various countries, Panama, Costa Rica, Colombia, Spain and Cuba. Today we have staff in the USA, in Cuba and are starting up a team in the Republic of Panama.
The APS has been the main introductory tool that we have used to help pastors, their spouses and their children. My team and I have seen God use it in many ways.
- We have seen ministry kids (youth and adults) drop unhealthy walls they have built around their hearts for self-protection as they saw themselves as uniquely created and with their own God given callings.
- We have seen pastors who were burned out and whom had forgotten or perhaps never known who they are. They remembered again their “first love” and regain focus.
- We have seen pastor’s marriages restored as they began to understand themselves and each other’s wants and very real needs.
- We have seen pastors who have had moral failings understand some of the temperament factors that contributed to the moral failings and how to protect themselves in the future.
- We have seen pastors establish new boundaries and habits in their lives based on their own and their families temperament needs.
- We have seen women in ministry discover for the first time that they were wearing a mask at home and in ministry. They found freedom as they discovered who they really are behind the mask.
- This list could go on. God has been faithful to reveal himself and his unique purpose for each of these men, women and children.
In 2016 we presented the first Creation Therapy Class (Terapia Restauradora) in Cuba, in order to expand the use of the APS and better equip the Aaron & Hur Int. Ministries (AHIM) service team. We had 20 students participate in a 5 day introductory class with follow-up independent study of the material. The material was revolutionary for these men and women whom God has called as AHIM counselors or as counselors in their local churches. We are scheduled to give the Creation Therapy class in the Republic of Panama in June of 2017.
Ariel Alfaro, the dean of education of the Cedars of Lebanon Seminary in Pinar del Ríos, Cuba stated the following regarding the effect that Creation Therapy (Terapia Restauradora) has had had on his life. “The Creation Therapy study not only helped me understand myself, my wife and the seminary students with whom I work. It also helped me understand many things that my theological studies did not explain about the human condition and God’s purpose. It gave a deeper and introspective perspective on anthropology. It is deeply based on biblical truths and it has helped me understand the design of God with his people.”
A Personal Note
The core values of my life and of this ministry are Reconciliation, Grace, Obedience and lifelong Discipleship. There is no way to measure the impact that Creation Therapy and the APS has had in leading me and my ministry team to living these core values. It has brought understanding, healing, direction and purpose to my live and to the lives of hundreds of pastors, their spouses and their precious children.
Thank you Drs. Richard and Phyllis Arno and SACC for your diligence and perseverance. God is using you to bring healing to people around the world and to bring glory and honor to His Name!